AGF Sand Media Filters provide reliable trouble-free operation for filtering surface or well water with sand, algae and other organic material. The double chambered filter has interior mushrooms for lifting and flushing the sand bed evenly. Lightweight composite construction allows for easy transportation and simple installation. All components can be removed and easily replaced using common tools.
- Durable and corrosion-proof integral polyethylene liner, plastic underdrain and polypropylene manifolds are resistant to common agricultural chemicals.
- Large access ports for adding or removing sand.
- 55 mushrooms provide efficient backflushing for cleaning the entire sand media bed.
- Smooth system startups and backflush - no more hammering or shuddering.
- Lightweight composite construction for easy transportation to remote job sites.
- Modular construction eliminates costly installation equipment and labor - all components can be removed and replaced for with common tools.
- For surface water with high concentration of algae and other organic materials
- For well water to remove sand particles and undissolved iron
AGF Sand Media Filters Technical
Description of System Operation
Unfiltered water enters via the inlet manifold. During filtration the inlet ports are open and water flows from the top to the bottom across the sand layer. The filtered water exits the system through the outlet manifold.
During backflush the inlet port closes and the backflush port opens which reverses the flow of water in the filter. Clean water from the other filters flows into the filter from the bottom lifting the sand media and freeing the accumulated debris. Debris flushes out the top of the filter through the backflush manifold.
- Maximum Flow Rates:
Good Quality Water - 25 GPM/sq. ft.
Dirty Water - 20 GPM/sq. ft.
- Minimum Filtration Pressure: 15 psi
- Minimum Backflush Pressure: 30 psi
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 85 psi
- Sand Requirement: 1,300 lbs. per 48" Tank
- Manifolds: Polypropylene
- Leg Height: Adjustable
- Backflush Valve: 4" Plastic Grooved Valve
The use of gravel and/or media not recommended by Netafim USA will void the warranty. Tanks must be filled with water prior to adding media. Failure to do so could damage the internal components and void the warranty.
AGF Sand Media Filters Ordering