Combination Air/Vacuum and Continuous Acting Air Vents proven design provides more air release capacity than other vents of similar size.
- Ensures maximum protection of the irrigation system with proper sizing and placement.
- Aeordynamic float design ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches 12 psi.
- Large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Unique rolling seal feature allows gradual opening, closing and self-cleaning.
- Made of corrosion-resistant UV protected nylon - no metal parts to rust or corrode, no need for spare parts.
- 1" and 2" Combination Air/Vacuum and Continuous Acting Air Vents
- For discharge and intake of large volumes of air at pump and filtration stations, along mains and at the end of mainlines.
- For continuous air release at high points in pipe network or upstream of manifolds.
- Every 1,500 feet along mainlines.
- 2" Combination Air Release/Vacuum Guard and Continuous Acting Air Vent
- Releases air at pump priming and maintains the prime by not allowing air intake in long and/or undulating suction lines to pump stations.
- Releases entrapped air while ensuring continuous prime at centrifugal pumps.
- Builds up siphons with air release, maintains the siphon by continuously releasing air and not allowing air intake.
- 3/4" and 1" Automatic Continuous Acting Air Vents
- For high spots where air accumulates.
- 1" Continuous Acting/Vacuum Guard Air Vent
- For release of entrapped air while ensuring continuous pump prime with no air intake in centrifugal pumps and pump suction lines.
- Protects mechanical seals in vertical pumps by not allowing air to accumulate in the stuffing boxes.
- Maintain siphons with continuous air release while not allowing air intake.
Combination Air Vents Technical
Maximum operating pressure:
- 1” and 2” Nylon Combination: 240 psi
- 1” and 2” Polypropylene Combination: 150 psi
- 3/4” and 1” Automatic: 240 psi
Stages of Operation
Combination Air/Vacuum and Continuous Acting Air Vents
- During start-up, the vent discharges large volumes of air.
- As the system builds pressure, the body fills with water, forcing the float upwards and closing the vent.
- While the system is pressurized, the “automatic” function continuously expels accumulated air.
- At shutdown, the air vent’s large opening allows air back into the system preventing the pipe and accessories from collapsing, and preventing suction of mud and debris.
Automatic Continuous Acting Air Vent
- While the system is pressurized, air accumulates in the body, systematically dropping the rolling seal mechanism releasing the trapped air.
- After air is expelled, water again enters the body and forces the float to close the vent.
Combination Air Vents Ordering