Guardian Air Vents proven design provides more air release capacity than other vents of similar size. Commonly used to break vacuum caused by sytem draining.
- Ensures maximum protection of the irrigation system with proper sizing and placement.
- Ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches the following:
- 5 psi for 3/4" and 1" Guardian
- 10 psi for 2" Guardian
- 8 psi for 3" Guardian
- Large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Made of corrosion-resistant reinforced UV protected composite materials - no metal parts to rust or corrode, no need for spare parts.
- Guardian Air Vent with Shrader Valve is ideal for measuring local line pressure.
- Commonly used downstream of valves, primarily at manifolds, to break vacuum caused by system draining.
- On sloping terrain to prevent collapsing of pipes caused by vacuum when pipe networks drain.
- Upstream of valves for air discharge during system start-up.
Guardian Air Vents Technical
Maximum operating pressure:
- 3/4” Guardian: 150 psi
- 1” Guardian: 150 psi
- 2” and 3” Guardian: 150 psi
Five year warranty
Stages of Operation
Guardian Air and Vacuum Acting Air Vents
- The Guardian discharges large quantities of air through an opening equal to a large size standard vent. As water enters, the float rises and forces the air vent to close.
- During normal flow, while the line is under pressure, the air vent remains closed.
- As the line empties, or during a drop in pressure, the float drops down and opens the air vent. Air is admitted, breaking the vacuum created by the withdrawing water and prevents the collapse of pipelines and suction of soil into dripperlines.
Guardian Air Vents Ordering