Pro Air Vents have a dynamic design which allows for high capacity air discharge while preventing premature closing. A one-piece sealed unit contains the float and seal making it easy to remove and replace.
- Reliable operation reduces water hammer incidents.
- Dynamic design allows for high capacity air discharge whie preventing premature closing.
- Float and seal assembly are enclosed in a one-piece, easily replaceable unit - independent of the air vent body.
- Sealing assembly, with its unique patented rolling seal feature which allows gradual opening, closing and self-cleaning, is contained in the one-piece float assembly.
- Simple and reliable reinforced nylon body is compact in size and light-weight.
- The light-weight feature is ideal for installation on plastic piping systems and other light-weight piping systems.
- Threaded discharge outlet allows connection of additional piping for venting and drainage.
- Body and all operating parts made of high-strength corrosion-resistant composite materials.
- Pump stations - after the pump and after the check valve
- Downstream (after) and upstream (before) shut-off valves
- After deep well pumps
- On long, constant sloped pipeline segments
- At peaks along the pipeline and at peaks relative to hydraulic gradient
- At end lines
- Before water meters
- On strainers and filters
One-Piece Float & Seal Assembly
Float and seal are enclosed in a one-piece sealed unit with no need for a separate o-ring. It's easy to remove - just unscrew the threaded float lock and replace with a new unit. No need to replace the complete air vent.
Pro Air Vent Technical
- Working pressure range: 1 - 150 psi
- Maximum working temperature: 140° F
- Available size: 2" NPT female threaded
- Body: Reinforced Nylon
- Discharge outlet: Polypropylene
- Float and Seal Assembly: Polypropylene, Acetal and EPDM Rubber
- Rolling Seal: EPDM Rubber
- Float Lock: Polypropylene
DESCRIPTION OF OPERATION
The Pro Air Vent combines the features of both an air release and an air and vacuum vent
- The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it it full and operating under pressure.
- The air and vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system.
- This air vent will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.