The Apollo™ Automatic Disc-Kleen Filter allows you to filter more for less. It has all the benefits of the Galaxy Filter - which has been used by growers successfully and reliably for 10 years - but with these enhanced features.
MORE FILTER AREA
The Apollo features a longer filter element (spine) with larger discs (rings) producing a 20% larger filtration area than a comparable Galaxy filter. This larger filtration area means each filter unit can accommodate a higher flow rate which lowers the price per GPM of filtered water. The total number of filter units required for a specific flow rate is reduced lowering the cost of the filter battery.
LESS PRESSURE REQUIRED FOR CLEANING
Only 30 psi is required for backflushing. This lower pressure requirement eliminates the need to oversize the pump for adequate flushing. It reduces the need for a Pressure Sustaining Normally Open (PSNO) Valve downstream of the filter to maintain adequate backflush pressure. A lower backflush pressure saves energy costs.
The Apollo filter is light-weight with a small footprint making it easy to move. This portability is ideal for crop rotations and rental units in row crop applications.
MORE CHEMICAL RESISTANCE
Made from high density synthetic materials, the Apollo filter is corrosion-proof not just corrosion resistant. Chemical injection upstream of the filter unit will not damage any filter components.
LESS INSTALLATION COSTS
The Apollo filter arrives fully assembled for a quick and easy water in/water out installation. A small footprint reduces the size and cost of the concrete pad.
- More filter area with longer filter element and larger discs
- Less pressure required for cleaning – only 30 psi
- Shorter length of flush cycle - less interruption of water flow to the field while irrigating
- Portable and easy to move – can be mounted on a small utility trailer and easily moved from field to field
- Less overall water used for flushing - shorter overall flush cycle ensures better uniformity of irrigation and less flush water to dispose or filter for reuse
- Lower installation costs – pre-assembled and ready to install
- Smaller footprint – easier and faster to install while saving money on concrete pad size
- Eliminates leaks and rusting – synthetic materials are not damaged by chemical injection or organic materials in the water and will no corrode
- Agricultural Irrigation for Permanent and Row Crops
- Systems Requiring High Volumes of Water