Fertilizer Injectors are small in size with a lightweight design allowing for maximum flexibility in confined spaces. Venturi injectors perform reliably and require little maintenance. Available in two sizes covering a wide range of flows.
- Designed with simple venturi technology requiring few moving parts and little maintenance.
- Chemical injection at rates of over 470 GPH to as low as 0.5 GPH depending on injector size and operating pressure.
- Extremely uniform injection rate from start to finish at nominal system flows rates.
- Venturi injectors provide most cost-effective method of introducing chemicals into a pressurized irrigation system.
- Easy installation with small size and lightweight design while providing maximum flexibility in confined spaces.
Fertilizer Injector Technical
- 2" Fertilizer Injector: Standard with check valve and throttling valve assembly.
- 3/4" Fertilizer Injector: Standard with suction hose and strainer, check valve and throttling valve assembly and a selection of restriction orifices to allow the unit to accurately inject chemicals at very low flow rates.
- Components: Manufactured from special plastics that are resistant to most common agricultural chemicals, acid and chlorine.
- Multiple Units: Can be manifolded together to provide simultaneous injections of compatible chemicals or to double injection rates.
Chemical Injection Rates
To calculate the total gallons of chemical injection to achieve a concentration of one part per million (ppm) follow these steps:
- Determine the chemical's weight per gallon. If you do not know, consult your chemical supplier.
- Determine the pounds of active ingredient or nutrient per gallon. To do this, multiply the manufacturer's stated percent of active ingredient by the chemical's weight per gallon.
- Divide 2.72 by the pounds of active ingredient per gallon. This equals the gallons of chemical injection required per acre foot to equal one ppm.
- To determine the gallons of chemical injection per 100,000 gallons of water, multiply the result in Step 3 by 0.31.
CAUTION: The injection of chemicals into an irrigation system may be governed by local, state or federal ordinance. Please consult appropriate authorities before proceeding.
Fertilizer Injector Ordering