The simple and proven design of our Air Vents means longer life and trouble-free operation for your irrigation system. Each component is manufactured with the highest quality controls - ensuring maximum system performance and reliability.
Dynamic Air Vent has a revolutionary diaphragm that maximizes system protection with controlled air intake and discharge. This air vent is normally closed when the line is not operating preventing debris and contaminants from entering the pipeline.
Combination Air Vents provide more air release capacity than other air vents of similar sizes. With a combination of air and vacuum release and continuous action, these air vents ensure maximum protection of your irrigation system when properly sized and placed.
Guardian Air Vents are made of corrosion-resistant UV protected composite materials. These large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking and bursting. Optional shrader valve is ideal for measuring local line pressure.
Dynamic Air Vent
- Reacts very quickly to vacuum surges by intaking large amounts of air – three times more air than other vents.
- Rolling diaphragm principle allows air to be discharged in a controlled and gradual manner preventing slam and surges.
- Air Vent is normally closed when the line is not operating preventing debris and contaminants from entering the pipeline.
Combination Air Vents
- Provides more air release capacity to dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Aerodynamic float design ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches 12 psi.
- Unique rolling seal feature allows gradual opening, closing and self-cleaning.
Guardian Air Vents
- Corrosion-resistant reinforced UV protected composite materials – no metal parts to rust or corrode.
- Ensures vent closure as water fills the system and ensures maximum protection of your irrigation system with proper sizing and placement
- Optional Shrader Valve is ideal for measuring local line pressure.
- Pump and filter stations, along mains and at end of mainlines
- Downstream of valves
- At high points in the pipe network or upstream of manifolds
Air Vents Technical
- Maximum Operating Pressure:
- 2” Dynamic – 150 psi
- 1” Combination – 240 psi
- 2” Combination – 150 psi
- 3/4”, 1” and 2” Guardian – 150 psi
STAGES OF OPERATION - Dynamic Air Vent
- When the system is charged and the pipeline begins to fill with water, air flows into the pipeline and enters the dynamic air vent, raising the large orifice sealing assembly to the open position.
- Air is discharged mainly through the lower chamber but also the upper chamber.
- When the water enters the dynamic air vent, it fills the lower chamber and some of the water flows up to the upper operating chamber raising the float of the pilot which rolls the sealing mechanism to its sealed position.
- Pressure develops inside the upper operating chamber resulting in a controlled lowering and sealing of the large orifice sealing assembly which in turn closes the lower chamber large orifice.
- At this stage, only the automatic air release component continues to work and releases air through the upper chamber small orifice.
- When line pressure is reduced during drainage or shut-off, the pressure is less than the outside atmospheric pressure.
- The vacuum created causes the large orifice sealing assembly to rise up into its open position, opening the lower chamber large orifice and allowing the intake of air from the atmosphere into the system.
NOTE: It is recommended to attain a drainage pipe to the external threads on the lower chamber large orifice outlet as some water will be expelled during the closure stage. The size of the drainage pipe should be at a minimum the diameter of the outlet and the unattached end should remain open to the atmosphere.
Stages of Operation - Combination Air Vents
- During start-up, the vent discharges large volumes of air.
- As the system builds pressure, the body fills with water, forcing the float upwards and closing the vent.
- While the system is pressurized, the “automatic” function continuously expels accumulated air.
- At shutdown, the air vent’s large opening allows air back into the system preventing the pipe and accessories from collapsing, and preventing suction of mud and debris.
Stages of Operation - Guardian Air Vents
- The Guardian discharges large quantities of air through an opening equal to a large size standard vent. As water enters, the float rises and forces the air vent to close.
- During normal flow, while the line is under pressure, the air vent remains closed.
- As the line empties, or during a drop in pressure, the float drops down and opens the air vent. Air is admitted, breaking the vacuum created by the withdrawing water and prevents the collapse of pipelines and suction of soil into dripperlines.
Air Vents Ordering