Netafim's VibroNet Sprinkler with blue nozzle is used when a light mist is required for watering, for example when germinating seeds. Excellent uniformity can be achieved with spacings between 3’ and 5’, with an elevation of 2’ to 5’. The VibroNet Sprinkler can be used upright or upside down.
VALUABLE PRODUCTION TOOL
Automating with Netafim instead of hand watering bedding plants, seedlings, and potted perennials reduces labor costs, improves efficiency and plant quality.
LOW COST AND FAST PAYBACK
Netafim Sprinklers for misting are affordably priced and payback for a complete system is usually within the first season of operation.
Our sprinklers are constructed without a "bridge" to retain the spinner, producing a drip-less operation. This means that plants located below the misters are not damaged from water dripping off the mister. They hang below the supply pipe preventing wetting of the pipe and dripping onto the plants below.
RELIABLE CHECK VALVES
Assembled above the sprinkler head is a check valve. This check valve ensures that each sprinkler turns on and off at exactly the same time. It prevents water from draining onto the plants or cuttings below after system shut down.
DURABILITY AND LOW MAINTENANCE
Made from the highest quality plastics with excellent Ultra-Violet (UV) resistance. These anti-acid plastics will not crack when exposed to normal greenhouse pesticides and fertilizers resulting in a longer life with fewer maintenance issues. All parts can be assembled and disassembled in the greenhouse without tools.
MISTER ASSEMBLY COMPONENTS
Components of a VibroNet Sprinkler for Misting: Sprinkler with Check Valve and a Hanging Assembly with Stabilizer Weight - parts are ordered separately. Netafim recommends UV White™ PE Tubing for the Supply Line.
VIBRONET SPRINKLER FOR MISTING WITH CHECK VALVE
- VibroNet Sprinklers for Misting are available with a Blue Nozzle for 10.4 GPH.
- Check valve provides instantaneous on-off and prevents line drainage. It opens at 28 psi and closes at 13 psi.
HANGING ASSEMBLY WITH STABILIZER WEIGHT
- Super Flex UV White™ 4/7mm Polyethylene tubing made from the highest quality plastics with excellent UV resistance. Our reflective white tubing is completely opaque to prevent algae growth. This tubing is not coated or layered white, it is solid white for long-term durability. It withstands heat, direct sun, harsh chemicals and produces cooler water temperatures enhancing plant growth.
- Barbed end for insertion into the Polyethylene Tubing Supply Line and a female connecter on the other end to attach the Check Valve and Sprinkler Unit.
- Stabilizer weight keeps the sprinkler plumb.
- Retrofit Adapter is used to connect Netafim VibroNet Sprinklers for Misting to other manufacturer’s fittings and it attaches above the check valve.
- For connection to rigid pipe with ½” threaded connection, use the ½” Adapter.
- Hanging Sprinkler Assembly Tool assists with connecting two different lengths of 4/7mm Super Flex UV White™ Tubing to create hanging assemblies over 48” in length.
Misters Design Info
VISUALIZE THE GREENHOUSE
Evaluate the location of obstacles such as curtains or hanging baskets. Consider aisles and whether they can be wetted. Review cultural practices which might impact the height at which the misters should be placed.
SELECT THE HEAD
Choose the VibroNet Sprinkler for Misting and Check Valve Head Assembly for your application. Mister solutions are based on an average working pressure of 30 psi. Check Valve with purple pin opens at 28 psi.
SELECT THE MISTER BASE
Netafim offers a selection of three bases to connect the mister to the supply line.
- ½” Adapter – used for connection to rigid pipe
- Retrofit Adapter – connects Netafim misters to other manufacturer’s fittings
- Hanging Sprinkler Assembly – choose length based on your application (see available options under the Ordering Tab). An extension tubing piece for creating longer lengths is optional. The Hanging Assembly connects to the Polyethylene (PE) Tubing Supply Line and the VibroNet Sprinkler for Misting Head and Check Valve.
SIZE THE SUPPLY PIPE
Use the Poly Pipe Sizing chart to select the correct supply pipe size. Low density polyethylene is strongly recommended.
SIZE THE DISTRIBUTOR AND MAINLINE
The remaining piping and system components are sized based upon the maximum flow they will receive. Use the Flow Per Mister Line chart to determine the flow of a single mister supply pipe for the length of run in your design. If more than one mister line will be operated at once, be sure to multiply the flow by the number of lines when sizing the system pipes and components. Pipe size recommendations are guidelines only. For distributor lines over 40 ft., mainlines over 100 ft. or when slopes are a factor, please consult a design professional.
SIZE THE CONTROL HEAD COMPONENTS
The components should be sized according to the flow range shown in the Filter, Valve and Pressure Regulator Sizing chart. The pipe connecting to the components can be of a different size.
STARTING UP A SYSTEM FOR THE FIRST TIME
The most important point to remember when starting up a new system is to flush the mainlines. Debris from construction can otherwise be washed into the sprinklers, resulting in plugging or improper operation. To properly flush a system, first connect all the pipes and hanging assemblies, except the Sprinklers for Misting with the Check Valves. Next, open the ends of the distributor line and the mister supply pipes. Close them off, one by one, starting with the opening closest to the head control, and proceeding to the most distant opening. Only after complete flushing should the Sprinklers for Misting with Check Valves be attached to the hanging assemblies.