Features & Benefits
- Accurate Flow Data Within ± 1.5%
Double-beam ultrasonic sensors provide highly accurate flow data and reliable operation.
- No Impeller Or Moving Parts In The Flow Path
Ensures unrestricted low pressure loss flows.
- Long Term Performance
Lithium batteries provide a 10 year life expectancy.
- Sealed And Tamper Proof IP68 Register
Programmed to log and display both forward and reverse flow. Physically reversing the meter will not decrease the forward flow totalizer.
- Instant Information Readings
Flow and volume information, leak detection, flow direction, output mode, battery level, alarms and errors are viewable from a multi-readout screen.
- Unique Serial Number And Accuracy Certificate
Each meter has its own unalterable bar-coded serial number and includes a certificate verifying flow accuracy.
- Reduced Maintenance
Requires less maintenance for wear-prone parts commonly found in other meters.
- Commercial applications
- Communicate with irrigation controllers and measures water usage for effective water management
Octave Ultrasonic Water Meter Technical
- Plastic Sizes: 1 1/2" and 2"
- Metal Sizes: 2", 3", 4" and 6"
- Metal Body: Epoxy-coated cast iron with flange inlet and outlet
- Plastic Body: Reinforced polymer
- Flow Range: <1 GPM TO 1,600 GPM
- Maximum Working pressure: 230 psi
- Fluid Temperature Range: 32° to 122° F (0.1° to 50° C)
- Connections for Metal Body: Flanges ANSI ISO for AWWA connections standard
- Connections for Plastic Body: Male pipe thread with ASTM couplers
- Environmental Protection: IP-68, Ambient operation temperature for display: -13° to 131° F (-25° to 55° C)
- Display Units: Multi-line, programmable 9 digit LCD Display
- Output (optional): Programmable single/dual open collector pulse output or externally powered 4-20 mA loop.
How Octave Works
The Octave's measurement method is based on ultrasonic, transit-time, dual-beam sensors that determines the length of time it takes an ultrasonic wave to travel the distance between the two sensors located in the meter's body. The sensors function as both sender and receiver, each one alternating these functions so that the ultrasonic wave travel both with and against the direction of the flow. Because the ultrasonic wave travels slower against the flow than with the flow, the time difference of the two waves allows the meter to determine the flow rate.
Octave Programming And Digital Display
Multi-line digital LCD readout display provides immediate reporting and visual indicators for critical conditions. The 9 digit display is easy to read at a glance. Each Octave Meter will be pre-programmed before shipment for an instantaneous flow rate in Gallons per Minute (GPM) and Volume Totalizer Units (Gallons).
Octave Ultrasonic Water Meter Ordering