Air Vents offer more air release capacity than other vents of similar size. Our proven design provides reliable operation reducing water hammer incidents. Made of corrosion-resistant reinforced UV protected nylon - no metal parts to rust or corrode. Whether its releasing large volumes of air at the pump station, releasing entrapped air in the line or breaking vacuum downstream of valves, Netafim offers a variety of styles and sizes to fit almost every application.
Features & Benefits
- Ensures maximum protection of the irrigation system with proper sizing and placement.
- Aerodynamic float design ensures vent closure as water fills the system, remains open when air pressure reaches 5 - 12 psi depending on model.
- Large capacity vents dampen water hammer preventing pipes and fittings from cracking or bursting.
- Unique rolling seal feature allows gradual opening, closing and self-cleaning.
- Made of corrosion-resistant reinforced UV protected nylon- no metal parts to rust or corrode, no need for spare parts.
- Guardian with shrader valve is ideal for measuring local line pressure.
- Five year warranty.
1" and 2" Combination Air/Vacuum Relief and Continuous Acting Air Vents
- For discharge and intake of large volumes of air at pump and filter stations, along mains and at the end of mainlines.
- For continuous air release at high points in pipe network or upstream of manifolds.
- Every 1,500 feet along mainlines.
2" Combination Air Release/Vacuum Guard and Continuous Acting Air Vent
- Releases air at pump priming and maintains the prime by not allowing air intake in long and/or undulating suction lines to pump stations.
- Releases entrapped air while ensuring continuous prime at centrifugal pumps.
- Builds up siphons with air release, maintains the siphon by continuously releasing air and not allowing air intake.
3/4" and 1" Automatic Continuous Acting Air Vents
- For high spots where air accumulates.
3/4" and 1" Continuous Acting/Vacuum Guard Air Vents
- For release of entrapped air while ensuring continuous pump prime with no air intake in centrifugal pumps and pump suction lines.
- Protects mechanical seals in vertical pumps by not allowing air to accumulate in the stuffing boxes.
- Maintains siphons with continuous air release while not allowing air intake.
3/4", 1", 2" and 3" Guardian Air and Vacuum Relief Air Vents
- Commonly used downstream of valves, primarily at manifolds, to break vacuum caused by system draining.
- On sloping terrain to prevent collapsing of pipes caused by vacuum when pipe networks drain.
- Upstream of valves for air discharge during system start-up.
Air Vents Technical
- Maximum Operating Pressure:
- 1", 2" Nylon Combination: 240 psi
- 1", 2" Polypropylene Combination: 150 psi
- 3/4" & 1" Automatic: 240 psi
- All Sizes Guardian: 150 psi
- Pressure for Vent to Remain Open:
- 3/4"" & 1" Guardian: 5 psi
- 2" Guardian: 10 psi
- 3" Guardian: 8 psi
- All Combination & Automatic: 12 psi
Combination Air/Vacuum And Continuous Acting Air Vents
Stages of Operation
- During start-up, the air vent discharges large volumes of air and as the system buids pressure, the body fills with water, forcing the float upwards and closing the air vent.
- While the system is pressurized, the "automatic" function continuously releases accumulated air.
- At shutdown, the air vent's large opening allows air back into the system preventing the pipe and accessories from collapsing, and preventing suction of mud and debris.
Automatic Continuous Acting Air Vent
Stages of Operation
- While the system is pressurized, air accumulates in the body, systematically dropping the rolling seal mechanism releasing the trapped air.
- After air is released, water again enters the body and forces the float to close the air vent.
Guardian Air and Vacuum Air Vents
Stages of Operation
- Discharges large quantities of air through an opening and as water enters, the float rises and forces the air vent to close.
- During normal flow, while the line is under pressure, the air vent remains closed.
- As the line empties, or during a drop in pressure, the float drops down and opens the air vent admitting air, breaking the vacuum created by the withdrawing water and prevents the collapse of pipelines and suction of soil into driplines.
Air Vents Ordering