Hydrocyclone Sand Separators utilize a conical shaped separator that accelerates the velocity of water maximizing separation of sand and other solid matter with greater than 90% efficiency. Flushing frequency is reduced due to the large holding capacity of our sedimentation tanks. Netafim Hydrocyclones protect the irrigation components from damage and abrasion caused by debris and add years of performance to the life of your irrigation system.
Features & Benefits
- Conical shape accelerates the velocity of the water increasing centrifical forces and maximizing separation.
- Easy to operate and maintain with no moving parts or screens.
- No headloss build-up or clogging during separation.
- Specially designed rubber cone/insert protects the neck from erosion and increases separation.
- Large holding capacity of sedimention tank reduces flushing frequency.
- Maximum anti-corrosion protection with durable and long-lasting coating materials.
- For separation of sand and other solid matter from water
- Protection of valves and irrigation systems from damage/abrasion caused by sand and other solid matter
- Pre-filtering of water with high loads of sand before gravel, disc and screen filters
- Body: 100 micron Polyester oven-cured protective coating with Zinc Phosphate underlayer
Hydrocyclone Sand Separators Operations
Description of Operations:
Based on the centrifuge principle, the particles are spun against the outside wall of the Hydrocyclone and gravitate towards the bottom into the underflow chamber (sedimentation tank) while clean liquid moves upward to the center of the spiral, towards the top outlet. The velocity at which the water flows through the Hydrocyclone determines the efficiency at which the particles are separated from the water.
- Normal working conditions are achieved when headloss on the Hydrocyclone is not less than 3 psi. A headloss of less than 3 psi will reduce the separation efficiency and a headloss of more than 8 psi might induce increased erosion.
- The flow during operation of the system needs to be fairly constant to ensure effectiveness of separator.
Hydrocyclone Sand Separators Technical
- Maximum Recommended Working Pressure: 120 psi
- Recommended Headloss for Effective Operation: 3 - 8 psi
- Water Inlet and Outlet: Horizontal and Vertical
- Hydrocyclone End Connections: Thread, Flange and Groove
- Sedimentation Tank Connections: Thread - 3" and 4" sizes
Groove - 6" and 8" sizes
Flange - 12", 16", 20", 24" and 30" sizes
- Rubber Insert not included on 3" and 4" sizes
- Protective Coating: Polyester Applied Electrostatically and Oven Cured on a Zinc-Phosphate Layer