Iron and Bronze Valves are available in a wide range of sizes and flow rates to cover most applications. The unique design allows a straight flow pattern with low friction loss. A direct sealing diaphragm, the valves only moving part, operates by pipeline or external pressure. Sizes range from 1" to 24" with a variety of control functions and connection options.
Features & Benefits
- Unique design allows a straight flow pattern with the lowest friction loss in the industry.
- Superb hydraulic performance with low operating pressure.
- Direct sealing diaphragm for positive opening and closing.
- Simple inline installation with minimal parts provides low maintenance requirements.
- Iron valves have protective polyester coating for resistance to corrosive elements and UV protection.
- Bronze valves are designed to resist cavitation where extreme flow velocities exist.
- Excellent for high pressure applications.
Iron and Bronze Valves Operation
3-Way Control Valves
The 3-Way control valve only ports water (or air) into the control chamber to close the valve or releases it from the control chamber to open the valve. This non-continuous porting technique allows for full opening of the main valve when operating conditions require the valve to be fully open.
Manual Valve Operation With A 3-Way Selector
- CLOSED (C): Upstream pressure or pressure from an external source is applied to the control chamber. Initiated by the spring, the diaphragm is pressed down to close the valve drip-tight.
- OPEN (O): Relieving the water or air pressure to the atmosphere from the control chamber causes the valve to open.
- AUTOMATIC (A): The automatic port of the 3-Way selector is connected to a solenoid, hydraulic relay or pilot which controls the valve. The common port of the 3-Way selector connects the control chamber to either A, O or C, depending on the direction the selector is pointed.
Iron and Bronze Valves Technical
- Optional Functions: Manual, Electric, Pressure Reducing and Pressure Sustaining
Threaded ANSI NPT Female
Grooved ANSI/AWWA C-606
Flanged ANSI CL-125
- Body and Bonnet:
Cast Bronze (ASTM B-62)
Cast Iron (ASTM A 125 CLB)
- Spring: Stainless Steel (AISI 302)
- Nuts, Bolts, Washers:
Stainless Steel (BS 5216)
- Diaphragm: Natural Rubber
Iron and Bronze Valves Ordering