Sandstorm™ Double Chamber Metal Media Filters
Sandstorm Double Chamber Metal Media Filters have multiple mushrooms which provide four times more open flow area ensuring uniform water collection and backflush.
- Two-layer coating (phenolic and epoxy) for industry-leading high corrosion and UV protection – for both the tanks and the manifolds.
- Modular manifolds for simple and flexible assembly and expansion.
- Wide range of tank diameters and configurations to address all application needs.
- Maximum protection and reliability in harsh conditions.
- Double-chambered filter allows for efficient filtration and backflush uniformity.
- Multiple mushrooms provide four times more open flow area ensuring uniform water collection and backflush.
- Each mushroom produces equal pressure during backflushing cleaning the entire sand media bed.
- Excellent for high-pressure applications
- Primary filter for water from open reservoirs and recycled water
- Filtration of water contaminated with algae and other organic materials
Description of Operation
Water enters the filter via the inlet and spreads equally on the media. Solids and organic materials are trapped within the media. The clean water passes through the media and flows out via the nozzles. The backflush cleaning process is done by shutting the inlet of the filter with the 3-way backflush valve and allowing the water to enter from the bottom, lifting the media and releasing the solids that exit the filter through the outlet manifold. This process can be controlled automatically.
Sandstorm Double Chamber Metal Media Filters Technical
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 115 psi
- Backflushing Flow Rate:
16″ Filter Battery – 26 GPM
20″ Filter Battery – 66 GPM
24″ Filter Battery – 97 GPM
Sandstorm Double Chamber Metal Media Filters Ordering