Sandstorm™ Single Chamber Metal Media Filters
Superior Irrigation Protection
Built To Last – Always On Guard
An irrigation system is your business bloodline. If it clogs, water flow is interrupted, crop health decreases and business performance suffers.
- Single chamber filter allows for efficient filtration and backflush uniformity.
- Large top and side access ports make loading media and conducting maintenance easier.
- Two-layer coating (phenolic and epoxy) for industry-leading high corrosion and UV protection – for both the tanks and the manifolds.
- Injection molded PVC underdrain system with mushrooms and slots provides cleaning across the entire sand media bed.
- Modular manifolds for simple and flexible assembly and expansion.
- Wide range of tank diameters and configurations to address all application needs.
- Maximum protection and reliability in harsh conditions.
- Primary filter for water from open reservoirs and recycled water
- Filtration of water containing algae and other organic materials
Sandstorm™ Metal Media Filter Filter Operations
DESCRIPTION OF OPERATION
Water enters the filter via the inlet and spreads equally on the media. Dirt particles and organic materials are trapped in the media surface. The water that passes through and flows out via the filter elements will be free from dirt. The backflush cleaning process is done by shutting the inlet of the filter with the 3-way backflush valve and opening the drainage.
Sandstorm™ Metal Media Filter Technical
- Flow Range: 175 to 330 GPM
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 115 psi
- Minimum Backflush Pressure Required: 29 psi downstream of filter during backflush
- Backflushing Flow Rate: 125 to 290 GPM
- Access Port on Tank Dome and Sides Secured with Bolts:
8” for 30” Tank
10” for 36” and 48” Tanks
- Media Depth: 16”
Sandstorm™ Metal Media Filter Installation
Sandstorm™ Metal Media Filter Ordering