Soil moisture monitoring uses sensors and probes embedded in the soil root zone. Netafim Landscape Controllers are able to continuously monitor the soil for the proper amount of moisture, specific to the location and plant’s needs. Installed along with any of our ET devices, the Cycle Management Software will ensure the soil both starts and remains at the proper moisture content, even as the ET feedback adjusts the irrigation around that optimal level. Soil moisture monitoring ensures that the Netafim Landscape Controller will economically deliver just the water the plant needs to stay healthy and green.
The NLCSMS100 is a single sensor design, buried within the root zone. It will continuously monitor the moisture content and provide feedback to the controller. Compensation factors are included for a range of soil types.
CABLE LENGTH: 13’ Extendable to 2,000‘
OPERATING TEMPERATURE: 23º F – 122º F
DIMENSIONS: 7” x 0.6” x 2.75”
MODEL NUMBERS: NLCSMS100 (Single Sensor) / NLCSMI232 (Soil Moisture Interface)
- Each sensor can be assigned to interrupt one or more programs.
- Up to 150 sensors can be monitored.
- One NLCSMI232 Interface Board is required for each controller.
- Up to 10 sensors may be connected to the controller.
- Soil Moisture Sensors require a separate wire path independent of the two-wire path.
- All sensors must be connected to a single extension cable. The maximum distance from the controller is 2,000’. The maximum distance of the sensor from the extension cable is 13’.
- The extension cable must be approved Tucor Cable.
- A RealNet communication subscription is required to enable data monitoring. All other features may be programmed at the controller.