Using drip tubing/hose or drip tape for irrigation is reliable, easy and convenient. With Netafim Recycling, getting rid of used irrigation tubing in an environmentally responsible way is just as reliable, easy and convenient.
Netafim Recycling collects and manufactures new, recycled plastic irrigation tubing in California. Our recycling and manufacturing operations create local jobs and boosts our state economy. We are proud of protecting the environment through our recycling efforts while improving the quality of life for Californians.
Netafim Recycling will pick up used irrigation tubing/hose/tape right from your farm, which provides you with disposal convenience and cost savings. We recycle the used irigation tubing/hose/tape to produce a recycled resin that is re-used in mining and landscape dripline applications. In landscape, recycled content is critical for a number of sustainable building initiatives. The recycled resin also gets used in industrial products such as plastic pallets
Netafim Recycling is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netafim Irrigation, Inc of Fresno, California.
Why recycle your used irrigation tubing?
- Taking used irrigation tubing/hose/tape to a landfill is costly
- Burning and burying used irrigation tubing/hose/tape on your property has legal and environmental ramifications
- Leaving used irrigation tubing/hose/tape above ground is unsightly and can create a safety hazard
- Netafim Recycling picks it up at no cost to you
Rules and Conditions
- Bad weather and equipment breakdowns may force rescheduling.
- Site inspection is required prior to pick-up to inspect the load, take photographs and samples and recommend necessary adjustments so materials can be picked up.
- Important: We only accept polyethylene products.
PICK-UP LOCATION REQUIREMENTS
The irrigation tubing/hose or tape must be on level ground and accessible to a 65-foot tractor trailer with a clearance of 14 feet and room to maneuver in and out.
- Irrigation tubing that is coiled or bundled
- Only polyethylene (PE) products will be accepted.
- Material must be free of trash, wood, rocks, tires and other foreign materials.
- Material must not be excessively dirty
- If irrigation tubing/hose is coiled or bundled, it must be bound with tape or twine, not wire or adhesive tape.
- Center of coils must not be wound around metal, cardboard, sticks or other plant material. PE or PVC centers are okay as long as they are less than 4 inches in diameter.
- Material must not be intermingled with other debris. (PE couplers, adapters, emitters and sprinklers are okay).
- Plastic mulch will not be accepted.
- Minimum amount of material required:
Drip tubing (from orchards/vineyards): 5,000 lbs.
Drip tape (from row crops): we are not currently accepting additional tape due to oversupply in the market. Please check back at a later date for updated minimums.
SCHEDULE A FREE PICK-UP
Netafim Recycling has made the recycling process easier and more convenient. We provide farmers with a free and efficient alternative to get rid of used irrigation tubing/hose/tape. Here is how it works:
- Fill out the short pick-up request form
or contact Luke Hoekstra, Field Recycling Program Manager at (559) 246-8264.
- You will be contacted to schedule a site visit.
- After your site visit and approval, a pick-up appointment will be made.
- We pick up your used irrigation tubing/hose/tape at NO COST to you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who is Netafim Recycling?
Netafim Recycling is a subsidiary of Netafim Irrigation, Inc. Netafim Recycling collects and recycles used irrigation tubing/hose and tape.
Where is Netafim Recycling located?
Netafim Recycling has a processing facility located in Fowler, CA just south of Fresno.
What is the cost of the recycling service?
Netafim Recycling will pick up your used irrigation tubing/hose/tape at no cost to you.
What is the extent of the pickup zone?
We will arrange for pick up from Mendocino, Glenn and Butte counties in Northern California to Kern and San Luis Obispo counties in the south.
Does Netafim Recycling pick up all types of plastic irrigation tubing?
No, Netafim Recycling only collects polyethylene (PE) based irrigation tubing. Currently not accepting drip tape.
Is there a minimum sized load for pick up?
Minimum amount of material required-Drip tubing (from orchards/vineyards): 5,000 lbs. Drip tape (from row crops): we are not currently accepting additional tape due to oversupply in the market. Please check back at a later date for updated minimums.
Where does the recycled tubing go?
Recycled polyethylene is re-used in drip tubing for the mining and landscape industries. In landscape, recycled content is critical for a number of sustainable building initiatives. The recycled material is also used in industrial products such as plastic pallets.
PROGRAM AVAILABLE TO CALIFORNIA AGRICULTURAL GROWERS AND DEALERS ONLY
We pay you to recycle your used irrigation tubing.
Netafim Recycling picks up used irrigation tubing for FREE. Through our Recycling Compensation Program, you can get you a credit toward the purchase of new Netafim USA irrigation products. Either way, your used irrigation tubing is removed and recycled.
Our voucher compensation rate is determined by current supply and demand in the market. For current pricing, please contact Luke Hoekstra at 559-246-8264.
For additional program details, and pick-up requirements, click here.