Features & Benefits
- Globe Configuration With Built-In Straightening Vane
Requires no straight pipe installation – saving space.
- ± 2% Accuracy Across Flow Ranges
No more false alarms.
- Rugged, Heavy Duty Construction
Cast Iron with corrosion resistant coating.
- Registers Are Stainless Steel/Composite Encapsulated
Guaranteed against fogging due to moisture.
- Configured With Any Combination Of Pilot Control
Manual electric and pressure reducing manual electric. Normally open or normally closed.
- Double-Chambered Valve
Provides quick acting and positive opening and closing.
- Sub Metering
Meter dedicated to landscape irrigation water.
- For commercial, institutional and sports field irrigation applications
- Ideal for retro-fits
- Designed for high pressure, remote operated applications
- Water meter can be used to communicate with irrigation controllers and central control units.
- Valve can function as a remote master valve for automated operation.
- Multiple pilot options: manual electric and manual electric pressure reducing.
- Sizes: 1 ½”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 6” and 8”
- Maximum working pressure:
Manual Electric – 235 psi
Pressure Reducing Manual Electric – 140 psi
- Body: Cast iron, polyester coated
- Valve diaphragm: reinforced natural rubber
- End Connections:
1 1/2″ – male pipe thread
2″ – female pipe thread
3″, 4″, 6″, 8″ – flanged
- Flanges: drilled according to ANSI specification
- Standards: EEC approval (class A)
- Installation of a continuous acting air vent before the Hydrometer is highly recommended for accurate flow readings
Three-way Selector Specifications
- Operation: Three Position Manual Selector Auto-Open-Close
- Construction: Brass and Stainless Steel
- Connections: 1/8” FPT
Using the Three-way Selector
OPEN POSITION – Open the hydrometer by bypassing the solenoid or both the solenoid and pilot. Move the selector to “open”.
AUTO POSITION – Open and close the hydrometer using the solenoid. Move the selector to the “auto” position.
CLOSE POSITION – Manually close the valve overriding the solenoid. Move the selector to the “close” position.
ELECTRIC SOLENOID SPECIFICATIONS
– Solenoid: 24vac 5.5 watts, 0.23 amps inrush
– Manual Override
- Construction: Brass
- Connections: In/Out NPT Threaded
PRESSURE REDUCING THREE-WAY PILOT SPECIFICATIONS
- Pressure range: 21 to 113 psi (silver spring)
- Maximum working pressure: 140 psi*
- Construction: Plastic body, Stainless steel and brass components
- Connections: In/Out 8mm tubing
- Drain outlet: 1/8″ FPT
*Brass pilot available for pressures above 140 psi.
Register Electrical Output
Netafim USA Hydrometers are equipped with electrical output devices which combine the high reliability of hermetically sealed, magnetically driven registers with electric transducer output options.
For automation and communicating with controllers and other devices Where more than just the traditional register is required.
Features & Benefits
Equipped with electrical output devices Combines high reliability of hermetically sealed, magnetically driven registers with a wide variety of electric output options Magnetic registers can be easily changed to accommodate a variety of electrical outputs.
Available Register Options
Netafim USA has two types of transducer outputs available which provide two levels of resolution:
REED SWITCH (RS) REGISTER
The reed switch register is a dry contact or simple switch closure for communicating with control and monitoring equipment. Flows are totaled in U.S. Gallons based on the multiplication factors indicated on the dial face.
PHOTO DIODE HIGH FREQUENCY (PDH) REGISTER
A photo coupler sensor that provides a high frequency pulse output for communicating with control and monitoring equipment. Flows are totaled in U.S. Gallons based on the multiplication factors indicated on the dial face.
ELECTRONIC (ER) DIGITAL REGISTER
Combines standard digital register features with dry pulse output for communicating with control and monitoring equipment. Rate of flow and volume readings in U.S. Gallons are clearly displayed on the LCD display.
REED SWITCH (RS) REGISTER SPECIFICATIONS
- Magnet activated.
- Acts as a “dry contact”, uses very little electric power.
- For “Volume” related functions such as data recorders or simple counters. (Open collector) for functions such as rate of flow and recording total volume.
- Maximum Contact Current: 50 mA
- Maximum Contact Voltage: 48 VDC
PHOTO-DIODE ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS
POSITIVE powers the IR light (yellow wire)
Current Min: 15 mA to a maximum of 25 mA DC through a resistor
OUTPUT (clear wire)
GROUND (bare wire)